Military Cable Assemblies and Wire Harnesses
When it comes to cable assemblies and wire harnesses for military and aerospace applications, only the highest-quality, most reliable and carefully tested products will do. As an industry leader in providing engineering solutions and custom EMI filters, Captor Corporation proudly delivers competitively-priced components, on time and as expected.
Since 1965, the engineering experts at Captor Corporation have amassed extensive experience in the unique design and production needs of military clientele in a professional and timely manner. Our state-of-the-art, 35,000-square-foot facility enables us to:
- Manufacture designs of various sizes and types of wire
- Produce cable assemblies in accordance with relevant MIL-SPEC standards
- Terminate cable assemblies with commercial, military, D-Sub, IEC, crimped connectors using solid, stranded, or other types of wire in 40 to 4/0 AWG
- Crimp and solder terminals and connectors of all types
- Maintain an on-staff IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified Trainer, who ensures that all cable assembly builders remain up to date on certifications and best practices
- Create test plans and issue quality test reports upon completion for all assemblies
Military Cable Assembly Applications
Captor Corporation has experience manufacturing ISO-compliant custom military cable assemblies and military wire harnesses that meet tough MIL-SPEC requirements. Our custom components will withstand a wide range of rugged and extreme weather conditions found in military applications, from military vehicle lighting assemblies to the most delicate aerospace systems.
Some of the applications currently using our solutions include:
- Power cable assemblies
- Aerospace equipment
- Antenna arrays
- Control panels
- Field communication systems
- EMI and protection
- Handheld/portable military equipment
- Marine equipment
- Microwave and RF communications equipment
- Military communications systems
- Military-grade encryption systems
- Mobile tactical operations centers
- Remote weapons control systems
MIL-SPEC Cable Assembly Specifications
Captor Corporation knows that nothing is more important that accomplishing the mission and looking out for the welfare of all personnel. We know that our military cable assemblies must adhere to the most rigid military and industry requirements. Our high-quality, build-to-print solutions are engineered to perform regardless of weather and environmental conditions, altitude, or shielding requirements.
Military Cable Assembly Testing Procedures
To address the demanding needs of military and aerospace applications, Captor Corporation thoroughly tests all cable assemblies and wire harnesses after the manufacturing stage is complete. To verify that our components comply with customer and specifications and MIL-SPEC standards, we perform testing procedures such as:
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage
- Insulation Resistance
- DC Resistance
- Other tests can be performed at customer request
Military Cable Assembly Requirements
Because of their critical use factor, Captor Corporation takes a variety of additional factors into consideration when designing MIL-SPEC cable assemblies, such as:
- Function. The details of the application often weigh heavily on the design considerations of the assembly.
- Environment. We consider any environmental factors the assembly may be exposed to that could impact performance, such as altitude, depth, temperature, wind, sand, and humidity.
- Military specifications. MIL-STD-454 is the specific requirement covering electronic equipment used in a military or defense capacity. We also ensure adherence to any other relevant MIL-SPEC standards.
- Governmental and regulatory standards. Other guidelines that may be taken into consideration include:
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) safety and performance standards related to electrical equipment manufactured in the United States.
- Qualified Products List (QPL) guidance for manufacturers of cable assemblies.
- IPC and Wire Harness Manufacturers Association (WHMA) A-620 Class III, which delineates a unified standard for cable assembly production.
Headquartered in Tipp City, Ohio, Captor Corporation has more than 55 years of experience in manufacturing specialized filters, cable assemblies and wire harnesses for military or aerospace use. For more information about our military cable assemblies, please contact us or request a quote today.
Military Cable Assembly Fabrication Capabilities
Custom Engineering Design
Build to Print
Research and Development
Cables / Harnesses
Stripped and Tinned
Wire Gage Range
40 to 4/0 AWG
Secondary Operations (In-House)
Quick Turn Prototypes
Prototype to Large Scale Production Runs
Typical Lead Times
1 week (Stock)
10 to 12 weeks (Custom)
1 to 3 weeks (Prototype)
AS9100 Rev C
AS9100 Rev C
PCAD (Circuit Boards)